- You’ll come and see Doctor at your consultation. They’ll ask you about how acne affects you, your medical history and if you’ve had any previous treatments.
- Your skin will be assessed to establish the grade of acne you’re suffering with by removing your make up and using a skin scanner and magnifying lamp.
- Your Doctor will present a solutions plan to you, including regular progress checks. They will check the plan meets your expectations and if you have any concerns. Prices and payments will also be discussed with you.
If you have mild or moderate acne:
- You’ll continue to be seen by your practitioner.
- You’ll be booked in for treatments and also a review in four to six weeks time. This is when you can discuss how you’re finding the treatment and if you and your practitioner are happy with the results.
If you have severe acne:
- The Doctor may recommend a prescription medicine if they believe it’s the best course of action for you.
- After seeing the Doctor, you will be contacted by your practitioner to review the outcome of your appointments.
Six weeks later, you’ll have a progress review to ensure your treatment is achieving the expected results for you. Your acne will be re-assessed by your practitioner, or Doctor if required, and your product and/or treatment plan will be amended accordingly.
You will have an evaluation usually booked in for twelve weeks after starting your treatment, when we aim to move you onto a maintenance plan to keep your acne under control.
Ready to find out more?
Book an appointment today!